Budding footballers are invited to Edgeley Park this Wednesday evening (14th March) to attend our Academy recruitment information night with Academy Director Alan Lord and County Director Steve Bellis.
- Do you want to be a professional footballer?
- Would you like to achieve the qualifications to have a career in the sports industry?
- Are you aged 16-19?
- Do you want to see and hear how we have turned academy players into professional footballers for the last 4 years ?
On Wednesday 14th March 2018 at 7.30pm we are holding an Information Night.
On this night we believe we can show you how YOU can follow the pathway of our academy players that have achieved the goal of a professional football contract and others that have achieved the grades to go to university or to have a career in the football/sports industry.
Details of the information night are as follows
Wednesday 14th March 2018.
‘The Insider Suite’ (Ground Floor)
Stockport County Football Club
Access is via the main car park.
What will happen on the night?
Stockport County Director Steve Bellis together with the management staff at the academy and senior staff from our education provider will give you a complete insight to both the ‘football’ and ‘education’ elements of the programme.
We will give you full details of our BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma and Level 2 programmes.
This will cover the ‘entry requirements’ (GCSE grades), full course content, qualifications achieved, opportunities available on completion (University etc) and other possible exit pathways that would be available.
We will also provide you with information on the successes that we have had from this course programme. Students that have left the programme with D*D*D* grades.
At the end of the education presentation, any questions you may have will be answered by the college staff.
We have had unprecedented success with our football programme. Just like Connor Hancock who made his 1st team debut whilst still at the academy.
And Matthew Todd who made his 1st team debut in the FA Cup, whilst still at the academy.
We are not aware of any other non-league club that has continually developed ‘academy’ players by improving their technical, tactical, physical and psychological profile, and turning them into professional footballers.
Academy player Adam Etches signs his 1st Professional Contract.
On the Night
- You will hear about our successful football coaching and development programme.
- You will meet the latest academy player to sign professional.
- We will give you full details of our football timetable that includes training every day like a professional.
- Details of our squads, the challenging games that they play, our ethos of playing players ‘up’ into age groups above their own.
- Information on the 7 academy players that represented the 1st team in this seasons Cheshire Senior Cup.
- Other players such as under 19’s skipper Jordan Peach who made his 1st team debut this season.
At the end of our football presentation our academy staff will be available to answer any questions that you may have.
What to do next
After reading this and if you wish to attend then please text me, Alan Lord on 07876335244 to confirm your attendance.
If it is your ambition to be a professional footballer or to gain qualifications to allow you to work in the sports industry, THEN THIS IS A NIGHT NOT TO BE MISSED.
I look forward to hearing back from you.