Stockport County Football Club and Stockport County Community Trust takes its safeguarding responsibilities very seriously. Providing a safe and positive environment for everyone involved in sport is a vital aspect of any club’s operations.
We work alongside The Football Association and the EFL in ensuring that:
- The club implements preventative safeguarding measures to create safe football environments.
- Create a culture where staff and volunteers understand that safeguarding is ‘everyone’s responsibility’.
- Make the reporting of concerns as easy as possible.
- Ensure safeguarding and child protection concerns are investigated swiftly and thoroughly and in conjunction with relevant statutory agencies.
- The club complies with government legislation relating to safeguarding children and other vulnerable people, and we also adhere to The Football Association, and the EFL’s safeguarding policies, regulations and standards.
Anyone who believes a child, young person or vulnerable adult is at immediate risk of harm should contact the police as soon as possible (telephone 999 or 101).
Non-urgent concerns about the welfare of a child, young person or vulnerable adult should be reported to Stockport Council Multi-Agency Safeguarding and Support Hub on 0161 217 6028. You can contact Out of Hours on 0161 718 2118.
If you have concerns that any member of our staff, volunteer or participant has behaved in a way that has harmed and/or has demonstrated that they are unsuitable to work with children, young people or adults at risk please contact club safeguarding staff as soon as possible. In such cases the club will liaise with the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) or Adult Social Care for consultation and advice.
Such concerns and any other worries can be reported to our Safeguarding Team below:
Email: [email protected] – please note this inbox is monitored during working hours only.
You can also report any concerns to our safeguarding team by scanning the QR code below: (office hours only).
Designated Safeguarding Officer: Amy Heaton
Academy Safeguarding lead: Adam Jones
Matchday Safeguarding Officer: Amy Heaton
Community Trust Safeguarding lead: Matthew Bailey
Board Level Safeguarding Lead: Tom Mahon (Chief Operating Officer)
The club’s safeguarding policies can be found below:
Contact details of various safeguarding support agencies can also be found within the club’s safeguarding policies: